Regeneration: to support a thriving Soho Road BID area and stimulate regeneration in the BID area by encouraging greater development and investment into the town centre.
Our Key Commitments
- Support the development of Bill House regeneration site on Soho Hill.
- Gain government funding to deliver a Masterplan for the area working alongside the West Midlands Combined Authority, Birmingham City Council Highways department, The Local Enterprise Partnership and other stakeholders to:
- Improve the Traffic Regulation Order to look at on street parking, junction timings, ease congestion and reduce travel times.
- Look at public transport with better links and way-finding to the metro stations, public transport locations and design to reduce Anti-Social Behavior and increase usage and footfall in the town centre.
- Reduced pavement parking
- Ensuring developments within the area are conducive to community cohesion and economic growth in such a super-diverse town centre.
- Celebrate the rich heritage of the area as being the heart of the Industrial Revolution.
- Creating a more sustainable town centre for the future of the area.