Promoting Soho Road BID Area: to market and promote the BID area to shoppers, visitors and potential investors, developing a shared positive image
Our Key Commitments
- Winter Festive Lighting – Dedicated lighting program to light the town from October through till January each year from Hockley Fly Over to Island Road Junction of Holyhead Road.
- BID Website -Providing a useful resource for businesses and visitors to find out about the BID and the area. Social Media Presence – providing marketing promotion for the businesses and a useful resource and contact point for information for visitors.
- Social Media Presence – providing marketing promotion for the businesses and a useful resource and contact point for information for visitors.
- 6000 strong social media presence
- 40000 post engagements per month raising to 250,000 interactions during the month of Diwali
- Creating the B21 Wedding Central Brand
- Re-branding the BID area working with New Bingley Hall and all the businesses associated with the wedding industry to provide everything you need for a unique, bespoke, tailored and ultimate wedding experience.
- Development of the Handsworth Hero’s Awards Scheme – working with sponsors and grant funders to develop and deliver the Handsworth Hero’s Awards. Promoting and rewarding hard working businesses, community groups and residents that work tirelessly to make Handsworth a better place to live.
- Events and Promotions – the BID will host and support events throughout the year such as Christmas, Diwali, Eid, Vaisakhi, school summer holiday program and the development of a food festival/ night market. These events will help to raise the profile and promote Soho Road BID area and increase footfall into the town.
- Perception Surveys to be done yearly with businesses and the wider community – surveys will be carried out to find out what perceptions are held about our town centre. This information will give us valuable information and details so we can guide future campaigns to improve the visitor experience of the Soho Road BID area it will also give us invaluable information when filling out grant funding applications.
- Soho Life Magazine – the Soho Life magazine will go out to 60,000 local residents per year. The magazine gives us the opportunity to promote the town centre campaigns, showcase the locations of all businesses within the BID area and gives BID levy payers reduced advertising costs for local businesses.