Business Related Crime and Wider Community Safety: to establish a safe and secure town centre environment for all who use it and for all business and property owners within it.
Our Key Commitments
- Ambassador Program – Expanding to three full time and 1 part time Ambassador providing where possible a full 7 day a week cover using experienced staff dedicated to reducing crime and Anti-Social Behavior helping visitors and supporting businesses within Soho Road BID Area. The aim of the team is to ensure a safe, welcoming and informed experience for visitors to our town centre. The Ambassador program works alongside the local police team to provide a reassuring presence within the area.
- Each business will be provided with a named Ambassador contact that will visit them at least once a month or on request to check up on general well-being and be a future point of contact.
- To further embed the role of the Business Related Crime and Community Liaison Ambassador with key partner agencies to develop projects and initiates to improve town centre safety.
- Further development of the business Crime Reduction Partnership working with the Police, Fire Service, betting, financial banking and retail establishments, Job Centre Plus, Safer Neighborhood Partnership, Birmingham City Council, Neighborhood Watch and educational establishments.
- Monthly Action evenings – Partner Patrols focusing on key themes such as sex working, rough sleeping, begging and drug use.
- Community Outreach Support Pilot – Mobilising local community Street Watch members to monitor, engage and support vulnerable members of our community.
- Supporting the evening economy through the consideration of applying for Purple Flag Status (Safer Night Time Economy Accreditation).
- Deliver a Retail Radio Scheme – Sector Specific retail and BETWATCH radios linking to the BID Ambassador’s team dedicated to combating crime within the town centre.
- Delivery of an alternative giving campaign to tackle rough sleeping and begging.
Business Crime and Community Projects
- Ambassador Program
- Business Crime Reduction Partnership
- Bet Watch
- Retail Radio Link
- RISC Associates Ltd – Free Business Training
- Retail loss prevention
- Robbery awareness
- Personal safety
- Conflict management
- Work Experience Program –
- Mercury Training Services and DWP Job Centre Plus will refer Work Experience Candidates to the BID. Each Successful Candidate will spend 2 weeks alongside a BID Ambassadors and will complete a structured evidence portfolio regarding corporate security and community safety competencies. Work Experience candidates will wear high visibility Green BID tops & jackets (clearly marked with WORK EXPERIENCE) to maximise Ambassador Visibility within the Town Centre
Crime Reporting Methods
Quick and Simple Low Level Crime Reporting takes only a few minutes www.west-midlands.police.uk
Also this Free online tool give you local community police updates